Bump gcc and newlib for 4.12?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Mar 29 00:29:10 UTC 2016

On Mar 28, 2016 7:25 PM, "Chris Johns" <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 29/03/2016 11:05, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>

>> Given the feature flag changes in newlib and some warning fine-tuning in
>> gcc, I think we should bump the tools on the master on the master after
>> the next newlib and pick up a close gcc snapshot.
>>
>> Hopefully I can merge the random/srandom patch in the next day or two
>> and it be in time.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> If you are happy then fine by me. It would be good to get the newlib
changes exposed to more users.

I will test the tool bump locally before pushing it.

I am also concerned that the feature flag change will force tweaks in user
code.

Plus we have a couple of spots I can't figure out how to remove warnings
with the updated newlib. Seems to be when you need bintime and other things
at the same time in the shell commands as one example.