GSoC2016 : Providing SMP support for RTEMS

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Mar 7 06:03:15 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 06/03/16 19:17, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Sebastian may have more general SMP ideas but the initial push for SMP
> gave us great support on a subset of BSPs and architectures and left
> gaps on others.

working on SMP improvements is a bit difficult currently since I will
work in this area nearly full time in the next half a year or so. I hope
that Darshit Shah will work on the SMP scheduler optimizations for the
arbitrary processor affinities in GSoC 2016.

Adding SMP support to a specific BSP for an architecture that already
supports SMP (ARM, PowerPC, SPARC) is not enough for a GSoC project.
Even adding SMP support to new architectures shouldn't be a big deal.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de