Building RTEMS hello world image using CMake

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Mar 13 21:28:14 UTC 2016

On 13/03/2016 1:53 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> If this works for you, and you are sufficiently interested, it would
> be useful to provide CMake example for the examples-v2.git repository
> for others to benefit.

I am not sure about adding this to examples-v2.git. I would prefer it to
be a waf only build system. I am not sure if make support is still
present and working but it will go once Makefile.inc goes as it is not
supported in the new RTEMS waf build system.

Adding a range of build systems to examples-v2.git makes the maintenance
harder because a change requires testing with each build system. To me
the focus of the example-v2 repo is on examples of RTEMS code and not
built systems.

I would suggest a separate rtems-builder.git repo or something like that
to hold separate self contained build system examples. The focus can be
on build systems and not the application code.