GSOC project - Rump Kernels

Hesham Almatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:33:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

IIRC, the rump kernel layer needed POSIX header files to be compiled
properly. You've to figure out how to do this, and account for API
changes. Just consult their documentation [1], and ask questions on
their IRC channel. The blog post gives more details also.

[1] https://github.com/rumpkernel/wiki/wiki/Tutorial:-Getting-started

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:18 AM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
> Hesham has done some initial work on this and wrote a blog post about
> it: http://heshamelmatary.blogspot.com/2015/02/thoughts-on-supporting-rump-kernels-on.html
>
> You should review that, and hopefully he can weigh in with some
> thoughts as well.
>
> Gedare
>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 5:59 AM, Jason Wong <jason.hcwong at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a student studying computer science in Uppsala university and I would
>> like to participate in a GSOC project.
>>
>> The rump kernels project looks interesting to me. But I am not sure what is
>> this project going to to in details. Because the goal "to implement the
>> hypercalls interface" seems to me that you want a new implementation of
>> librumpuser.
>> I tried to compile rump kernel using compiler and header files generated by
>> rtems, but I failed, there are too many errors especially header files.
>>
>> Can anyone shed some light on how should I continue on this project and
>> write a proposal?
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> Regards,