ESA SOCIS - Porting the Monkey HTTP Server

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue May 3 02:27:53 UTC 2016

On 02/05/2016 20:07, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> what is the benefit of the Monkey HTTP server compared to Civetweb?

It is not mongoose or civetweb. :) Originally when I started looking at
Monkey I was looking for something new to give us options and I still
think this is something we should consider. I am happy to see both
supported.

It is nicely implemented and there are a couple of people looking after
the code base and the related project. I like the idea of a plug in
interface which can be statically linked.

We had issues with kqueue in the new stack but I am sure we can find a
suitable way to integrate it with RTEMS. I also think we should see if
we need the sock pairs to manage events or we could see if we can map at
a different layer and use something better suited to RTEMS. The thread
stack allocation could be improved, but this is not the first time we
have come across issues in this area.