GSOC2016: Improvements in RTEMS Tracing Framework

vivek kukreja vivekkukreja5 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:10:55 UTC 2016

Hello Chris, Joel, Isaac,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I was ill for the last couple days.

Here is a quick status update,

* Setup my work environment. Earlier I was using RTEMS version 4.11 because
I could not download the source code for 4.12 from GIT in my university
network. I have not moved to the new version.

* Compiled the Xilinx Qemu BSP. I am unable to find help on how to run the
BSP on Qemu however. I will send another mail to ask for help on the list.

* Prepared some documents to plan the project and track progress. Please
take a look at these documents, and recommend any changes.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2FBdgOy1yWXWE44RnhNLXUwLVU

* Started studying Babeltrace to understand its capabilities.

In the rest of the week, I will

* Study the source code for scheduler events tracing in User Extensions.

* Ensure that I have the BSP running on Qemu.

* Port my experimental changes in RTEMS TLD to the version 4.12 and share
patches with you, to get some feedback.