GSOC2016: Improvements in RTEMS Tracing Framework

vivek kukreja vivekkukreja5 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:41:35 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Thanks for the prompt answer regarding libBSD drivers Chris. I found a few
links and have setup Qemu for Xilinx Zynq A9.  I will try to build drivers
for USB and Ethernet and run a few examples on qemu by next week.

I have made some rudimentary changes in rtems-tld and rtrace shell utiltiy
to print traces in CTF. I tested these changes on fileio.exe example for
both sparc/erc32 and arm/xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu(tested on qemu). I am working
on producing metadata in TSDL format as required by CTF 1.9. I will send
patches for review this week.

Once we have trace in CTF we can write Babeltrace scripts for testing the
output. However, CTF bitstream is produced on target and pulling it on host
is tricky. Is there any solution apart from copy-pasting from terminal?

Also, I'm trying to trace user-extensions by running multiple applications
on Qemu for better understanding. These traces will be converted to CTF
next.
Any comments regarding my project plan or progress are welcome.

Regards,
Vivek