[civetweb] Interface for setting stack size and scheduler options

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Tue May 17 05:50:02 UTC 2016

At first: Sorry that I didn't react for such a long time. I just didn't
find the time for working on that problem. I had some lengthy discussion on
the RTEMS mailing list regarding the update to civetweb (or to be exact:
where to put it) without a final solution. Therefore the update is
currently blocked. Still it would be nice if the number of patches can be
reduced so that a future update approach can use them.

I've seen the other thread about the *init_thread* callback. I think that
it could handle a lot (like for example the priority) but not all. The
stack size would be tricky.

The solution with the *start_thread* callback is quite a different approach
than my original one but it looks like a quite portable solution.

Am Freitag, 13. Mai 2016 20:42:03 UTC+2 schrieb bel:

> *int **start_thread**(**const struct mg_context ** ctx,* mg_thread_func_t*
> func, *void ** param, *void *** handle, ... to be defined*)*
> {
>    stack_size <-- mg_get_option(ctx, "rtems_stack_size");
>    other_params <-- mg_get_option(ctx, "rtems_whatever_options_you_need");

I'm  not sure if that works. If I interpret the source correctly, the
following prevents any key in the options that is not in your list of known

https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb/blob/23266e11f4285ba9e608525ebb771062872099c9/src/civetweb.c#L12960

With that, all parameters would have to come from another source. Am I
wrong?