RTEMS Project Documentation repository available.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri May 20 03:48:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

The rtems-docs.git repo is available and visible on
https://git.rtems.org/. Commit emails and IRC logs will be enabled soon.

The documentation is licensed under the Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0
International license.

There are a few documents in the source that need to be cleaned up after
being converted to the ReST format. There are tickets in Trac covering
these. The rtems-docs.git repo cannot be branched for 4.11 until these
documents have been cleaned up so please do not remove anything in 4.11
that has been removed in 4.12 until we branch the repo. Those changes
will just have to wait.

The docs tree in the rtems.git is dead and can be removed if someone
wants to take that task on.

The rtems-docs.git repo source is all ReST format and built using
Spinix. There are waf scripts in each directory so just drop into the
manual's directory enter 'waf configure' and 'waf' to build. To build
PDF use 'waf --pdf'.

To build you will need to install Spinix and for PDF you will need to
Tex, Latex etc. On FreeBSD this is the texlive-all package. I hope Linux
users will chime in with the packages needed.

The 'book' directory is currently a place holder.

All images should be placed in the 'images' directory. Please refer to
the c_user or eclipse manuals for examples.

We plan to have all documentation appear on the https://docs.rtems.org/
web site and automatically built by buildbot on every commit.

If you have any questions of issues please just ask.

I wish to thank Amar for all his work in the back ground helping to get
this large task completed.

Thanks