Driver complaint to SD Host Controller Specification 3.0

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri May 27 05:50:31 UTC 2016

On 26/05/16 16:06, Mudit Jain wrote:
> Hi Sebastian & Andre,
>
> In the last IRC meeting, Gedare had mentioned that you have previously
> worked on the SD card driver.
>
> I was working on the SD Card driver for Rpi.
>
> I was going through the driver code that has been ported. I was able
> to browse and get a top level overview regarding the ported driver
> using the documentation for the APIs used from FreeBSD.
>
> The driver is working for the powerpc/qoriq BSP.

The SDHC modules for the early QorIQ had many silicon bugs. It never
really worked well or the variant we used.

> I wanted to know which SDHC is present on that BSP and to which
> specification was the driver tailored to?
>
> RPi has a SD host controller that is complaint to Specification 3.0.
> Thus I was following this link :
> https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/pls/pdf/partA2_300.pdf.
>
> Andre, were the previous commits regarding the reset logic done based
> on this specification ? I wanted to clarify that that function logics
> that are to be implemented will be based on this specification ?
>
> Thanks
> Mudit

FreeBSD claims to have full support for the RPi 2:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Raspberry%20Pi

So, I would use the latest code from FreeBSD and import it into libbsd.

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/arm/broadcom/bcm2835/bcm2835_sdhci.c?revision=297127&view=markup

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de