Ada support on gcc-6 broken again

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri May 27 13:48:05 UTC 2016

Used the wrong from address and it bounced to the list. :(

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 7:16 AM, Jan Sommer <soja-lists at aries.uberspace.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> building the current tools (gcc-6) from master with Ada support fails.

Is this the only branch that is broken? Or is the gcc master broken as well.

> I will try to post the patch for that to gcc over the weekend (@Joel I
> hope you don't mind me putting you CC for that).

Please do.

> However as gcc-6.1 was just released a month ago, I guess it won't be part
> of an official gcc-release anytime soon.
>
> Could we keep the fix as a patch until the gcc-version of the RSB includes
> it natively?

I don't think the RSB builds Ada unless Chris slipped one by me. So it
doesn't matter unless it impacts other languages.

But Ada likely does build now with just newlib and not needing RTEMS so
adding it to the RSB for the targets it builds ob would be good.