rsb to build 4.10 tools with modern compilers (ie under MSYS2)

Worth Burruss worth at motioncontrol.org
Fri May 27 15:04:00 UTC 2016

Attached are 3 patches I needed to build 4.10 tools for coldfire processors (m68k) under
windows (7 and 10) using MSYS2.  I have been meaning to send them for awhile.

The primary patch is for GCC and is needed to build older GCC with newer GCC.  I found
this patch on the GCC mailing list and ajusted it for 4.4.7 as attached.  The second for GDB
is a windows only patch where a function is defined twice under windows.
The last patch adjusts the rsb to apply the patches and fix a missing checksum.

I am sorry if these have been put up here before, but I could find no references through
google other than the similar case on the GCC list.

Chris, If you would prefer this as a ticket let me know.  Also, autotools are not being built in
the 4.10 m68k recipe.  I would not have known this but for finding 4.12 tools mistakenly in the
path of the machine I normally use and not in the machine that was being setup.  I suspect
this is part of the branching of 4.11 and will be fixed when 4.10 is properly branched.  This
may have also been some of what you were discussing with others a few weeks ago.  If not,
and there is any way I can help, I will do my best with the limited time I have over the next few
weeks.