RKI Image for Raspberry PI 2

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:44:50 UTC 2016

The RKI image and other RTEMS examples work on the RPI2. When I build for
the raspberrypi2 BSP, I have to copy the rki.bin ( or other example image )
to kernel7.img on the SD card. No other conversion should be required.

I recently tested the RKI image on the RPI2, so it should work.

Also, make sure the firmware files on the SD card are up to date. My main
RTEMS Raspberry Pi target is a Model A+. When I received a Raspberry Pi
Zero, RTEMS would not boot when I just put my micro-sd card from the A+. I
had to get the latest firmware files then copy rki.bin to kernel.img..
After that the Zero worked fine.

I want to double check that the firmware files from this repo will work on
all models with RTEMS:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot

If it works, then it will be easier than using an existing Linux
installation for the SD card.

Alan