Driver complaint to SD Host Controller Specification 3.0

Mudit Jain muditjain18011995 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 08:13:21 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have ported the code from the present FreeBSD.

Link : https://github.com/spark1729/rtems-libbsd/commits/rpi_sd_card

Kindly review the same and suggest changes.

The commits are a bit unstructured, the second last one being a huge one. I
will be breaking it down into smaller and logical patches while submitting.

Files changed/added in the three commits are as follows :

freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus.h
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus_if.c
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus_if.h
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus_subr.c
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus_subr.h

freebsd/sys/sys/queue.h

freebsd/sys/contrib/libfdt/libfdt_env.h
freebsd/sys/dev/fdt/fdt_common.c
freebsd/sys/dev/fdt/fdt_common.h
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus_subr.c
freebsd/sys/sys/slicer.h

freebsd/sys/dev/mbox/mbox_if.c
freebsd/sys/dev/mbox/mbox_if.h
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_if.c
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_if.h
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofwvar.h
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/openfirm.c
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/openfirm.h
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_dma.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_dma.h
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_mbox.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_mbox.h
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_mbox_prop.h
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_sdhci.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_vcbus.h
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/sdhci.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/sdhci.h
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/sdhci_if.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/sdhci_if.h

Files added to the build process [ libbsd_waf.py ]

freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus_if.c
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus_subr.c
freebsd/sys/dev/fdt/fdt_common.c
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_bus_subr.c
freebsd/sys/dev/mbox/mbox_if.c
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/ofw_if.c
freebsd/sys/dev/ofw/openfirm.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_dma.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_mbox.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/bcm2835_sdhci.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/sdhci.c
freebsd/sys/dev/sdhci/sdhci_if.c

Errors and how they were resolved :
1.  The *_if.m files were converted into *_if.c and *_if.h using the
following script : Link
<http://opensource.apple.com//source/smb/smb-66/kernel/sys5/kern/makeobjops.pl?txt>
2.  fdt and ofw support was added as the driver had dependencies on that.
3.  *taskqueue_swi_giant* global is not provided by RTEMS. That was solved
by adding a new field to the *sdhci slot* structure - *sdhci_tq*.
4.  BUS_PHYSADDR used in bcm_sdhci.c is a macro defined in
arm/include/bus.h. This macro is copied bcm_sdhci.c.

Presently the SD driver module is built from  bcm_sdhci.c using the generic
and other functions defined in sdhci.c. However for modularity a different

Question :
1. Presently I have just kept the bcm2835 specific code in /dev/sdhci/
directory. I don't think that would be ideal, I wanted to discuss the
positioning of the bcm2835 specific files.
2. Presently the SD driver module is built from  bcm_sdhci.c using the
generic and other functions defined in sdhci.c. Is this fine ?
3. I have used the *.start_actual *in nexus-devices.h for *rpi_dma_res *as*
0x7e007000. *Is this the correct value ? Link
<https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/dma/brcm,bcm2835-dma.txt>
Note : I have not added the macro LIBBSP_ARM_RASPBERRYPI_BSP_H to bcm2835
specific code. I will be doing that.

waf builds everything that was added successfully.

Thanks
Mudit