Sphinx Doc for 4.11 and rtems_clock_set_nanoseconds_extension

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Nov 2 07:28:44 UTC 2016

Hello Joel,

On 31/10/16 17:14, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am reviewing the converted Sphinx documentation to see if there
> are services that are either undocumented or documented and
> not present in 4.11.  I found that rtems_clock_set_nanoseconds_extension
> is documented but seems to be not completely cleaned out of the
> tree on the 4.11 branch and head.
>
> This is the results of grep'ing for rtems_clock_set_nanoseconds_extension
>
> $ grep -r rtems_clock_set_nanoseconds_extension .
> ./doc/user/intr.t:@item rtems_clock_set_nanoseconds_extension
> ./doc/user/clock.t:@findex rtems_clock_set_nanoseconds_extension
> ./doc/user/clock.t:rtems_status_code
> rtems_clock_set_nanoseconds_extension(

should we do a

git rm -r doc

?

> ./testsuites/sptests/spclock_err01/spclock_err01.scn:TA1 -
> rtems_clock_set_nanoseconds_extension - RTEMS_INVALID_ADDRESS

I fixed this.

> Two questions:
>
> + Should the remaining references in the code be removed?
>
> + Is the new way of doing this documented? If so, where? If not,
> I cc'ed Sebastian to ask if he could add the appropriate content
> to the rtems-docs Sphinx format docs.

It seems that clock stuff is documented in two places:

https://docs.rtems.org/doc-current/share/rtems/html/c_user/Clock-Manager.html#Clock-Manager

https://docs.rtems.org/doc-current/share/rtems/html/bsp_howto/Clock-Driver.html#Clock-Driver

Since the clock driver relevant stuff is in the BSP Howto. The clock
driver chapter is up to date, but is a bit hard to read. I will try to
improve this.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de