libbsd update to FreeBSD head (2016-08-23)

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Nov 9 08:38:16 UTC 2016

Hello,

I update currently the libbsd to FreeBSD head (2016-08-23) from FreeBSD
9.3. This is a very big jump in terms of FreeBSD development. The main
goal is to catch up with FreeBSD and unify the baseline of the different
parts of the libbsd. The network, USB and SD/MMC card parts used
different FreeBSD versions. Thus, using an USB network component didn't
work before due to incompatible network stack interfaces. There will be
some work to do for each supported BSP after the update, e.g. adjustment
of network interface drivers. I cannot do this for everything.

I will create a "4.12-freebsd-9.3" branch before the update in the next
days and then commit the update to the master.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de