libbsd update to FreeBSD head (2016-08-23)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Nov 9 13:57:00 UTC 2016

On Nov 9, 2016 2:38 AM, "Sebastian Huber" <

> Hello,
>
> I update currently the libbsd to FreeBSD head (2016-08-23) from FreeBSD
9.3. This is a very big jump in terms of FreeBSD development. The main goal
is to catch up with FreeBSD and unify the baseline of the different parts
of the libbsd. The network, USB and SD/MMC card parts used different
FreeBSD versions. Thus, using an USB network component didn't work before
due to incompatible network stack interfaces. There will be some work to do
for each supported BSP after the update, e.g. adjustment of network
interface drivers. I cannot do this for everything.

Do you have a specific list of what BSPs need what done? Maybe file one
ticket or multiple to cover it?

Instructions? Examples?

> I will create a "4.12-freebsd-9.3" branch before the update in the next
days and then commit the update to the master.

Thanks.

Any idea how this impacted performance? I know Chris had mentioned seeing a
regression on Zynq.