Context Switching measurement RTEMS

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Sep 12 06:58:07 UTC 2016

Hello Babacar,

what is your definition of "context switching time"? To measure short
time intervals with little overhead, you can use the
rtems_counter_read() function (not supported on all BSPs).

The tmcontext01 test measures the low-level context switch time. To get
some samples for the thread dispatch time, you can enable profiling
(--enable-profiling configure command line option) and use the test
suite. Collect the output of all the tests and filter out the non-XML
data (filter-test-xml.py). Then you can use this XML file to get some
statistics (e.g. boxplot.py).