Changing time_t to 64 bits

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Aug 12 20:53:40 UTC 2017

Hi

There is a discussion going on over at newlib that I expect will result in
a committed patch pretty soon to change time_t to 64 bits. This is
obviously a solution to the POSIX end of time. This is a good thing. There
should be a configure option to force 32 bit time_t.

I want to make sure the RTEMS community makes a conscious decision about
this for 4.12.

Given that I believe 4.12 will be a long term use release, I would lean to
yes. But this is not a dictatorship and this is something we should agree
on.

--joel