Place for external documentation?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Aug 24 06:40:16 UTC 2017

On 24/08/2017 00:33, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 3:31 AM, Sebastian Huber
>> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> we should copy the external documentation (e.g. ABIs) to the RTEMS file
>>> server if the documents allow redistribution. The ABI documents are
>>> important for the CPU ports and we should not rely on external providers to
>>> host these documents. For PowerPC I added the files to my FTP directory:
>>>
>>> https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/sebh/
>>>
>>> There is probably a better place. What about:
>>>
>>> https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/docs/external

Do we need extra information with these docs? Some have names etc that are
difficult to understand?

>> ok, or docs/contrib
>>
> P.S. we should also stash recent release docs at the ftp rtems/docs location?

What do you define as recent? Releases contain full docs with HTML, PDF extra.

The approach is to have current docs available on docs.rtems.org. I have
everything local to the RTEMS servers to finally finish this off all but I have
not had the time to complete the work. I do not think we should duplicate these
files.