Which automake version to use with RTEMS?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Dec 5 20:01:17 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Jiri Gaisler <jiri at gaisler.se> wrote:

> Building RSB installs automake-1.12.6, but RTEMS Makefile.am files seem
> to need (exactly) automake-1.13. On top of that, many linux systems have
> 1.15 installed by default. Is there a reason why RSB installs 1.12.6 and
> not 1.13? And why can't we use 1.15?

My recollection is that our automake version has some patches but the
bigger problem is that automake dropped support for some of the old
Cygnus early features. Those were in use and we would rather move
to waf then invest effort in doing major work on the autotools version.

Which files  claim to need 1.13?

and be sure that RTEMS tools are at the front of your path. But you
know that.

> Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am trying to bring up a new bsp
> and have problems with generating the proper Makefiles ...

New BSP... :)

--joel