Error running networks tests with rtems-libbsd, devel/qemu, arm/realview_pbx_a9_qemu

Aryal, Saurav saurav.aryal at bison.howard.edu
Sat Feb 11 22:26:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am trying to run the network test ping01.exe on a host Ubuntu Machine
16.04 LTS. Here is what I did so far:

1) Followed the README.waf from https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems-libbsd to
build and install LibBSD for arm/realview_pbx_a9_qemu bsp.

2) Followed https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/users/2015-June/029065.html
to run the network test using tun/tap.

When I run the command to run ping01.exe

 *QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none qemu-system-arm -M realview-pbx-a9 -m 256M -no-reboot
-monitor none -serial stdio -nographic -net nic -net
tap,ifname=tap0,script=no -kernel `find  -name ping01.exe`*

I get the following error:

**** LIBBSD PING 1 TEST ****
*nexus0: <RTEMS Nexus device>*
*[zone: udpcb] kern.ipc.maxsockets limit reached*
*ifconfig: interface smc0 does not exist*
*assertion "exit_code == EX_OK" failed: file
"../../testsuite/include/rtems/bsd/test/default-network-init.h", line 125,
function: default_network_ifconfig_hwif0*
*qemu-system-arm: network script /etc/qemu-ifdown failed with status 256*

The BSP seems to operating well when I tested the ticker.exe.

RTEMS version 4.12 was used while following the tutorials.

I am beginner to RTEMS, Waf and any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Saurav