Updating Open Projects

Denis Obrezkov denisobrezkov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:14:04 UTC 2017

>> First.. does that CPU include a free toolset? A free simulator?
>
> As far as I know, it has a compiler, but I never tried it:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C6X-Options.html

Also, there is a linux port that uses gcc:
http://linux-c6x.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I know that there was simulators in CCS. But I found this phrase on their
wiki:
CCSv6 does NOT have any simulators. Texas Instruments is moving away from
 providing simulators and instead is focusing on providing low cost
development boards.
(http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/List_of_Simulator)

I think I can ask more about simulators in BB and linux-c6x mailing lists.

For that project I would be prone to list it as a separate project
> and add to the BeagleBoard project to take advantage of that
> project. So the port is step 1 and using that port in specific ways
> on the BB is step 2.

Should I apply my proposal to BB GSoC too?

--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov