AW: Undefined reference to `__sync_bool_compare_and_swap_4' for some Leon configurations with gfortran

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Mon Feb 27 13:15:00 UTC 2017

[...]
> > If I check the different libgfortran.a libraries of
> > sparc-rtems4.12/6.3.0 with nm I get libgfortran.a
> >           U __sync_bool_compare_and_swap_4
> >           U __sync_bool_compare_and_swap_4
>
> Is this reference generated by the compiler or some GCC runtime source code?
> The atomic operations are implemented via the libatomic, so you should only
> have __atomic_() references.

I am not sure if I understand the question correctly.
I checked the mentioned elf.c-file (https://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc/branches/gcc-6-branch/libbacktrace/elf.c?view=markup#l960) and
the call to __sync_bool_compare_and_swap_4 does not seem to be dependent on a configuration option of gcc.
The same is true for dwarf.c

There seems to have been a similar issue for hpux: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/553017/
Would it make sense to set libbacktrace_cv_sys_sync=no in the same way for the respective leon-targets?