Desirable Application Stacks (Add-On Library Collections)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Jan 9 22:42:42 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 09/01/2017 11:02, groups at chichak.ca wrote:
>

>> I ended up writing my own web page server. It sucks, I wish there was a
>> better way, and I’m certain that it’s going to bite me really soon now.
>>

> The mhttpd server in the legacy and libbsd stack allows for hooks to get
> at data. I have a client with a product that has uploading and downloading,
> web sockets and JSON exported data with JS code to handle the interface.
> The interface is nice to use.

mhttpd is Mongoose. Mongoose moved to GPL with a dual license for
commercial use.

As Christian mentioned, we should move to civitweb which took the last
non-GPL
version of Mongoose and forked.

https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb

I agree that it would be nice if this were an RSB package.

Chris and I saw a presentation on XMPP and IoT. Apparently, xmpp.org has
some standard protocols
defined related to IoT which seem to have some standardization. I don't
know enough to know if
the device side is worth hosting on RTEMS, but it seems promising.

I have also been curious if there is a Linux or Arduino i2c device library
which should be ported to
RTEMS. We have the Linux compatible API so that is an option. I assume that
the Arduino has
a bottom adapter layer we could provide and get their i2c device library to
work.

--joel