Desirable Application Stacks (Add-On Library Collections)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Jan 9 23:42:08 UTC 2017

On 10/01/2017 10:25, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> I'm not picking with this thread.

Sure.

> I was hoping to pick up enough ideas where
> a nice GSoC project would be fleshing this side of the RSB out.

I have no idea how to approach this problem and I am assuming we want to
use the tests in a package.

Building a package to create a library is just the C compiler and build
flags. Creating an executable is a more complex step requiring more
parts of the system to be working, ie rtems_waf.git tweaks. Each package
has its own way of building tests so I am not sure if the solution is in
the RSB, RTEMS, RTEMS BSPs, the packages themselves or all of these.

If this was a GSoC project and it includes tests it would be in the
difficult category because the student would need experience in tools,
build systems and RTEMS. A keen student would need to be showing a real
interest in this area now.