GSoC Mentors / Projects of Interest

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Jan 30 23:22:21 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Tanu Hari Dixit <tokencolour at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'll be glad to do it. Please guide me as to how to proceed.
> >
> We will need to import each existing Open Project description into a
> new ticket. It would be best to start with one to "try it out". The
> project title should be the Summary of the ticket, the text of the
> project page should be converted into the Description of the ticket,
> type should be Enhancement, Milestone "Indefinite", and put GSoC into
> the keywords, and we might want to use some other keywords e.g. to
> define the project type (e.g. one of: testing, ecosystem, kernel,
> statistics, BSP, API, libbsd, languages, libraries). The owner should
> be assigned to one of the mentors if indicated, with others in CC if
> any, or else set blank.

I agree it would be nice to get all the Open Project ideas as tickets and
off the Wiki. Some of the ideas are likely no longer interesting/valid at
this point and could just be deleted.

FWIW I also want to move some of the Wiki content into Sphinx documents.
I think being able to release them with RTEMS branches and use git
for revision control.

--joel