GSoC Mentors / Projects of Interest

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Jan 31 18:54:54 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Tanu Hari Dixit <tokencolour at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I created (https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2891#ticket) on the lines of
> Gedare's advice for this open project
> (https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Projects/Open/ImproveBeagleBSP).
Looks nice, a few minor things:
* You removed the "Introduction" section. Any reason or just an oversight?
* The 'status' field is gone too. But, I think the status is not
needed in the ticket format.

Did you face any difficulties in making the transition? It would be
good to document your workflow on the Open Projects page.

> The link to buy USB-TTL FTDI Cable 3.3V on the open project page is
> probably broken. What should I replace it with? Please tell if some
See if you can find something appropriate on Google?

> edit is needed and whether I should follow this pattern. Furthermore,
> please indicate whether this project is of interest. Also which other
> open projects should be converted to tickets?

We should convert all of the open projects to tickets eventually. And
then generate a report in the Open Projects page based on the tickets.
I have done this for the BSP ones and found the following changes
should be made in the workflow:
* Use only one keyword. I prefer "SoC" so it is generic to other
'summer of code' style projects.
* Use the components field to further categorize. We have some obvious
ones for the subheadings now, such as 'bsps', 'libbsd', 'testing'.
Others should be identified or else we can create new components if
necessary. I'd like to stick with the current subheadings for this
year's GSoC, but we can revise later.