Desirable Application Stacks (Add-On Library Collections)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Jan 9 23:25:38 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 10/01/2017 09:42, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
>> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 09/01/2017 11:02, groups at chichak.ca <mailto:groups at chichak.ca>
>> wrote:
>>

>>         I ended up writing my own web page server. It sucks, I wish
>>         there was a better way, and I’m certain that it’s going to bite
>>         me really soon now.
>>

>>     The mhttpd server in the legacy and libbsd stack allows for hooks to
>>     get at data. I have a client with a product that has uploading and
>>     downloading, web sockets and JSON exported data with JS code to
>>     handle the interface. The interface is nice to use.
>>

>> mhttpd is Mongoose. Mongoose moved to GPL with a dual license for
>> commercial use.
>>

> Yes. I used the version we have which is before the license change. I just
> wanted to say the mhttp code we have can do this.
>
> As Christian mentioned, we should move to civitweb which took the last
>> non-GPL version of Mongoose and forked.
>>

> As Christian points out tests are not supported and an important issue.
> Until we have a suitable solution it makes it difficult to know if the
> library we build it ok.

This is a general problem it would be nice to have a solution to. We could
have
RTEMS specific examples, tests, and instructions for any third party package
built by the RSB.

I'm not picking with this thread. I was hoping to pick up enough ideas where
a nice GSoC project would be fleshing this side of the RSB out.