psxshm01 and psxshm02 fail on SPARC/erc32

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jan 25 07:07:58 UTC 2017

On 25/01/17 04:00, Gedare Bloom wrote:

>> >When you say augmented, you mean with an implementation of the
>> >adapter layer you defined that uses malloc() and knows a few names?
>> >
> I mean to ignore/expect the MAP_FAILED return from mmap and terminate
> gracefully.

In case MAP_FAILED is currently the expected return value on all
architectures, then this should be expected by the test. When will there
be a proper mmap() implementation exist? What is a proper mmap()
implementation for RTEMS at all?

I used mmap() on some GUI library to speed up the font initialization
and simply mapped read-only font files (IMFS memfiles) via mmap(). It
would be good to gather some use cases. I think Qt uses also mmap() for
font files.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de