Coverage analysis update

Cillian O'Donnell cpodonnell8 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:46:54 UTC 2017

Hi,

I now have coverage running successfully with RTEMS Tester and have a
coverage report for Leon 3 on the libscore.a set

Summary

Bytes Analyzed           : 43268
Bytes Not Executed       : 5756
Percentage Executed      :  86.7
Percentage Not Executed  :  13.3
Uncovered ranges found   : 316
Total branches found     : 953
Uncovered branches found : 236
   64 branches always taken
   172 branches never taken

Theres a whole detailed report and the html version looks quite impressive.

Now the thing is, I might have to run RTEMS Tester about 3 times for
the full testsuite before I can get the report, as the covoar runs
will often hang on an arbitrary method and have to be manually exited
and re-run. The point that this happens is not repeatable and there's
no error message to go on. The only common theme is the methods will
often be called thread...something. Even more rarely it will stop with
the message 'resource temporarily unavailable'. I'm wondering is this
normal behaviour for covoar on a long test-run? This never happens
when running just the samples.

When a test run is successful it will also finish with a lot of these messages:

*** Trace block is inconsistent with coverage map
*** Trace block (0x4000c4fc - 0x4000c51f) for 36 bytes
*** Coverage map /home/cpod/coverage_test/test/coverage/unlimited.exe.cov
INFO: DesiredSymbols::mergeCoverageMap - Unable to merge coverage map
for _Thread_queue_Extract_with_proxy because the sizes are different

>From what I gather this is because of mismatch between the whitespace
at the end of methods and isn't anything serious. Is that right?

There is also:

Unable to open /home/cpod/development/rtems/leon3/sparc-rtems4.12/c/leon3/cpukit/score/src/libscore_a-timespecsubtract.gcno

I assume that at one time that .gcno file existed in the build
directory but there is now only a corresponding object file with the
same name name. What happened to these gcov files?

Thanks,

Cillian.