[rtems-tools commit] Add Newlib patch

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Jul 10 14:10:32 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 2:36 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> On 10/07/17 08:31, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> I have stopped pushing patches into this repo and I am using attachments
>> on Trac
>> tickets. I prefer this approach because there is nothing to clean up. What
>> do
>> you think?
>

> Attachments to tickets sounds like a very good idea.

I have a minor hesitance about the 'permanence' of the ticket
attachments (considering our experience with data loss in the past
transition to trac). With the patches stored in the repo itself there
is less risk that a (historical) build is lost. However, the
maintenance burden may be worth using the tickets instead so I'm not
greatly opposed. Just hesitant.