libbsd include path issue

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jul 24 07:11:58 UTC 2017

Am 24.07.2017 um 08:59 schrieb Chris Johns:
> On 24/07/2017 00:20, Christian Mauderer wrote:
>>>>
>>> ah, I see. Then I can't think of any better solution than to make a
>>> rule something like you did that will copy the header file into an
>>> appropriate location of the build tree. The other alternative would be
>>> to create a softlink include/openssl in the source tree, effectively
>>> doing what the freebsd makefile would do during a build.
>>
>> I have shortly thought about that too. I think I've seen some functions
>> in waf that might could create that softlink. But I had two problems
>> with that:
>>
>> 1. Like I said, I have seen some functions that _might_ could create a
>> link but I'm not sure what would be the best and correctest way. Any hints?
>
> Could a waf 'subst' target be made to work?
>
> https://github.com/waf-project/waf/tree/master/demos/subst

I'll take a look at that. But you know that I'm still learning about waf
so it will need some time.

>> 2. I have no idea how well that would work on a Windows build host. I
>> know that at least msys2 doesn't support soft links out of the box. They
>> are replaced by a copy. Any experience regarding that?
>
> I would avoid a symlink.
>
> Either of these solutions are not great but I also cannot see another way
> without effecting the upstream.

OK. Affecting upstream could be a little difficult in that case. Openssl
is most likely used in many places and they would most likely not be
happy about a change in the code organization.

Regards

Christian

embedded brains GmbH
Christian Mauderer