Building RISC-V BSP

Hesham Almatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 21:14:59 UTC 2017

Hi Denis,

Yes, the Host-Target-Interface (HTIF) has been refactored/removed in
RISC-V. Also, it was meant to work with riscv front-end server
(riscv-fesvr) which is not the case for your HiFive BSP I guess.

I believe now it's the good time for you to start creating your own
HiFive BSP. You'll have to read/know how to output data over the
HiFive serial port or so, and develop your own console driver for the
board. You might find this link useful [1] when creating a new BSP,
and also use other BSPs as a reference (e.g. riscv_generic). Main
things to be aware of when creating a new BSP are: 1) startup code, 2)
console driver, and 3) timer driver. To make things easier for you,
and to give you credit for your contributions when merged upstream,
you'd want to create a new branch for your HiFive BSP based on
priv-1.10, and rebase against it when/if I make changes to it.

Keep the good work up.

[1] https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/TBR/UserManual/Submitting_a_BSP

Best,
Hesham