RISC-V interrupts

Hesham Almatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:49:50 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 9:09 AM, Denis Obrezkov <denisobrezkov at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Denis,
>>
>> Does your board support any accesses to > 0x80000000. Note you still
>> use such region in your linker script, which shouldn't be used if your
>> board doesn't support it. I'd suggest your read about memory mapping
>> on your board and fix the linker script accordingly.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hesham

>> > I also found out that when I use stepi on "call boot_card" I got a
>> > warning
>> > from openocd:
>> > Core got an exception (0xffffffff) while reading from 0x8000effc
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards, Denis Obrezkov
>>

>> --
>> Hesham
>
> Yes, it definitely supports it, I've already done it.
> 0x80000000 is the start of 64 KiB RAM, and 0x20000000 is the start of flash.
>
> I think I found the problem. It seems that this gdb build supports 16 KiB of
> RAM (as in Freedom E300 specification).
> I changed the value of RAM length to 16 KiB, so now I can execute further.
> Thanks!

Great! Glad to know it's working now. You might want to do some
analysis of the size/footprint of your executable (e.g. hello world),
and what should go into ROM vs RAM. 64 KiB might not be enough for
some applications. Also there is a "compressed" version of the RISC-V
ISA, might be worth looking at.

--
Hesham