Couverture-Qemu Testing Results

Cillian O'Donnell cpodonnell8 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 18:14:31 UTC 2017

>You might should hand check hello on all the bsps. I recall that some do not have a way for the bsp to "reset" the board and exit back to Linux. The tests run but since qemu doesn't exit at RTEMS shutdown, you have to timeout.

Actually I've already done this and that is the exact problem I'm
running into, almost all of the bsps hang on 'end of test hello world'
and I have to exit it myself.

*** BEGIN OF TEST HELLO WORLD ***
Hello World
*** END OF TEST HELLO WORLD ***
qemu: terminating on signal 2

The only exceptions is lm32/milkymist bsp with:

qemu-system-lm32 -no-reboot -monitor null -serial stdio -nographic
-net none -M milkymist -kernel
$HOME/development/rtems/milkymist/lm32-rtems4.12/c/milkymist/testsuites/samples/hello/hello.exe
audio: Could not init `oss' audio driver
Warning: nic milkymist-minimac2.0 has no peer

and PowerPC/qemuprep with:

qemu-system-ppc -no-reboot -monitor null -serial stdio -nographic -net
none -M prep -kernel
$HOME/development/rtems/qemuprep/powerpc-rtems4.12/c/qemuprep/testsuites/samples/hello/hello.exe
register PCI host 'pci-bridge' 'pci' '<null>' 'PREP Host PCI Bridge -
Motorola Raven'
register 'pci-bridge' 'pci' '<null>' 'PREP Host PCI Bridge - Motorola
Raven' 0x80000000 in 'device-tree' 0xffffffff
Done 582b000 582b880
PCI device '<null>' 0 11 0 has no reg properties:
PCI device '<null>' 0 11 0 has no assigned addresses properties:
register pci device 'Qemu VGA' 0000000d 'display' 'VGA' 'Qemu VGA'
register 'Qemu VGA' 'display' 'VGA' 'Qemu VGA' 0x0000000d in
'pci-bridge' 0x80000000
Done 582b880 582b980
PCI device 'Qemu VGA' 0 13 0 reg properties:
  addr: 82006810 00000000 f0000000 size: 00000000 01000000
  addr: 82006818 00000000 f1000000 size: 00000000 00010000
PCI device 'Qemu VGA' 0 13 0 assigned addresses properties:
  addr: 82006810 00000000 f0000000 size: 00000000 01000000
  addr: 82006818 00000000 f1000000 size: 00000000 00010000
PPC Open Hack'Ware BIOS for qemu version 0.4.1
Build 2014-07-04 15:23:25
Copyright 2003-2005 Jocelyn Mayer

Memory size: 128 MB.
Booting from device m
ide0: drive 0: none
ide0: drive 1: none
ide1: drive 0: CD-ROM
ERROR: OF_property_copy cannot get property 'cd' for aliases
ERROR: ATAPI TEST_UNIT_READY : status 58 != 0x08
ERROR: ATAPI TEST_UNIT_READY : status 41 != 0x40
ide1: drive 1: none
Probe partitions for device m
ERROR: No MSDOS signature (38 0 0 0)
Use bloc device as raw partition
Boot partition: 0 9401fff8 9401fff8 0
ERROR: OF_property_copy cannot get property 'alias' for <null>
boot device: 5832000 image 1000000 size 4599176
ERROR: No MSDOS signature (7f 45 0 0)
Use bloc device as raw partition
Boot partition: 0 9401fff8 9401fff8 0
boot device: 5832000
ERROR: Found no boot partition!
ERROR: BUG caught...
BIOS execution exception
nip=0x05800000 msr=0x00002000 dar=0x00000000 dsisr=0x00000000
Stopping execution
qemu: terminating on signal 2

> But if it turns out that not exiting is the issue, that's a separate problem and you should file a ticket a few move along.

Ok, so I should try and fix the above 2, file a ticket for the rest
and then move on to the RSB work?