Couverture-Qemu Testing Results

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jun 13 00:46:19 UTC 2017

On 12/06/2017 04:53, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> File individual tickets on the bsps with unique failures on qemu. And one to
> cover the "no exit" case. I know Chris has been hesitant to look at test output
> and kill tests but I think it is necessary unless you can find a way to make
> qemu automatically exit from the BSP.

I think it is best to see why something does not shutdown. It tends to be
something in the simulator or BSP that is not correct or not implemented. Fixing
this improves the BSP.

The approach with the tester is to push us all and if there is a case we cannot
resolve please come back to me and we can discuss a BSP toggle to control this.
My preference for the default is to have the system shutdown cleanly.