RTEMS-libbsd copyright question

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Jun 19 13:02:56 UTC 2017

Hello Sichen Zhao,

Copyright applies to any new code that you personally author. The
conventional wisdom is that if you make 3 or more lines of new code in
a file, then you have expressed some original thoughts/ideas in the
code and a copyright existss so you can/should add your name. Changing
existing code does not necessarily give you a copyright on it, and
neither do mechanical changes i.e., code changes that do not express a
thought. This is a fairly large grey area.

Gedare