Gaisler patches qemu leon3 testing

Cillian O'Donnell cpodonnell8 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:09:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am working with one of the Couverture-Qemu devs, Frederic Konrad to
merge a set of Gaisler patches for Leon 3 that is currently used in
the RSB-Qemu build. Original patches:

https://gaisler.org/qemu/0001-LEON3-Add-emulation-of-AMBA-plug-play.patch
https://gaisler.org/qemu/0002-LEON3-Build-AMBA-plug-and-play-records-from-high-lev.patch
https://gaisler.org/qemu/0003-LEON3-Init-UART-timers-and-CPU-if-we-run-a-RAM-image.patch

Frederic has fixed them up for upstream-Qemu master and  the changes
can be found here:

git clone https://github.com/FredKonrad/qemu.git -b leon3_fix_v1

He has tested it and everything looks fine on his end. From our
perspective though I ran the testsuite again and the changes have
produced 2 differences from the previous results posted.

cdtest.exe
BEFORE PATCHES: PASSED
AFTER PATCHES: FAILED

cxx_iostream.exe
BEFORE PATCHES: PASSED
AFTER PATCHES: INVALID

Is this a serious problem, does it need to be fixed before merging? If
so how would I go about fixing it?

Thanks,

Cillian.