patch for i2c

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Mar 13 15:17:43 UTC 2017

OK thank you Sichen Zhao. A brief message in the email body may be
helpful next time to accompany patches.

I have some comments and others may chime in:
* We prefer if you can send patches using git-send-email.
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Git/Users#SendingEmail
* diff.patch includes an autogenerated file. Please avoid adding those
to your git.
* We need to figure out how to deal with BSP-specific test cases. For
now they tend to get put into the examples-v2.git. I believe there was
discussion about how best to test the framework before using the
existing infrastructure for testing a flash device, but I'm foggy on
the topic.
* Is diff2.patch all of Punit's original work, or does it include some
of your modifications?
* diff3.path include some random whitespace changes that should be
avoided. Also, commenting out code in blocks is not ideal, especially
without telling why the code has been commented out. This is
especially important for shared code outside of a particular BSP's
directory, as in this case of the eeprom driver.

I would like to see a "clean" set of patches that builds from what
Punit left off, and also a set of comments about what was
fixed/changed and why. It would be best to create the patches using
git-format-patch (or just git-send-email as mentioned above)  in order
to retain authorship information.

Gedare