GSOC 2017 Beagleboard BSP projects

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Mar 20 23:45:13 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Christian Mauderer <
christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> [...]

Christian.. I appreciate you giving a heads up but isn't the work of
USB support for a BB and a specific WLAN driver for a USB WLAN stick
rather independent of adding encryption support? It would seem they
are in different areas of the tree.

I can see where he could focus on unencrypted support and then
if things work out, take advantage of the encrypted support later.
I thought the tree was already up to date so there wouldn't be any
massive updates of code.

What conflicts do you foresee? And can you work with the student
to avoid or minimize them.

Working in the open and coordinating efforts is critical in any open
source project. This seems like one which can be managed. Especially
if you help out on this project so you can help avoid the issues.

Thanks.

--joel

Kind regards