Large number of failures on leon3

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.se
Thu Mar 23 22:00:50 UTC 2017

On 03/19/2017 02:32 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was following up on Gedare's testing and tried leon3. There
> were a surprising number of failures there with SMP disabled.
> This is testing with gdb. Does anyone else get the same
> results with qemu or tsim?  Any idea what's broken?
>

> Passed:   458
> Failed:    20
> Timeouts:  73
> Invalid:    3
> -------------
> Total:    554
>
> Failures:
>  cdtest.exe
>  spintrcritical20.exe
>  dl05.exe
>  spintrcritical01.exe
>  spintrcritical04.exe
>  spintrcritical10.exe
>  spintrcritical22.exe
>  sp69.exe
>  spintrcritical21.exe
>  sp11.exe
>  spintrcritical16.exe
>  spintrcritical23.exe
>  psxfile01.exe
>  spintrcritical05.exe
>  spintrcritical02.exe
>  spintrcritical08.exe
>  psxgetrusage01.exe
>  spcpucounter01.exe

Tthe source of the failures for leon3 came from missing support for the
CASA instruction and lack of the %asr23 register. I have uploaded new
sis patches to my server, and attached a patch for RSB that pulls them
in. With that patch applied, I get the following results:

==> erc32log.txt <==

Passed:   560
Failed:     1
Timeouts:   0
Invalid:    0
-------------
Total:    561

Failures:
 spcontext01.exe
Average test time: 0:00:00.439075
Testing time     : 0:04:06.321377

==> leon2log.txt <==

Passed:   560
Failed:     1
Timeouts:   0
Invalid:    0
-------------
Total:    561

Failures:
 spcache01.exe
Average test time: 0:00:00.650810
Testing time     : 0:06:05.104584

==> leon3log.txt <==

Passed:   559
Failed:     0
Timeouts:   0
Invalid:    2
-------------
Total:    561

Invalid:
 sptimecounter01.exe
 spinternalerror01.exe
Average test time: 0:00:00.510382
Testing time     : 0:04:46.324846

The new sis version now supports an -r switch that executes the binary
at start-up. This means that the 'run' application is no longer really
needed. An optional execution time-out can also be specified (in
simulated time) to avoid having to use time-outs on the host. I have
attached a patch for rtems-tools with three sis configs for rtems-test,
erc32-sis.mc, leon2-sis.mc and leon3-sis.mc. A typical run through all
leon3 test would be:

rtems-test --rtems-bsp=leon3-sis sparc-rtems4.12/c/leon3/testsuites

Jiri.