[rtems commit] arm: Optimize context switch

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed May 24 22:45:40 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 3:09 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> On 22/05/17 16:49, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>
>> Everything. 'hello' doesn't even work. I can't debug until later.
>> Probably gem5 deals with some processor context a bit differently and
>> may be incorrectly.
>

> It works on Qemu, a real Cortex-R4 and a real Cortex-A9. It would be nice if
> you could debug this a bit. Do you reach _Thread_Handler()? Interesting
> functions are _CPU_ISR_Set_level(), _CPU_Context_restore() and
> _CPU_Context_switch().

Thanks for the help Sebastian. The problem was that the simulator did
not handle an LDM instruction that loads to the PC properly. I have
submitted a fix to gem5 that ought to be merged soon I guess.

Anyone needing to cherrypick it meanwhile can pick it up at
https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3520/

Gedare