GCC 7.1 Released

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri May 12 08:35:20 UTC 2017

On 12/05/2017 15:56, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 11/05/17 17:29, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Ok to
>>
>> On May 11, 2017 5:09 AM, "Sebastian Huber"
>> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
>> <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     if someone wants to use GCC 7.1 for RTEMS 4.12, then the RSB
>>     should be updated accordingly as soon as possible.
>>

>> Chris posted a patch to bump gcc and binutils. He just needs to push it.
>
> I didn't see the patch. According to

I have not posted anything.

> contrib/download_prerequisites
>
> we should use
>
> gmp='gmp-6.1.0.tar.bz2'
> mpfr='mpfr-3.1.4.tar.bz2'
> mpc='mpc-1.0.3.tar.gz'
> isl='isl-0.16.1.tar.bz2'
>
> for GCC 7.

I talked to Joel late his time yesterday and he is reporting increased
code size and as a result some tests are not fitting into the target.
Rather than head on into the change we think it is better to step back
and visit it again after we have a release. What do you think?