sptimecounter01 use of stack allocator/deallocator

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Nov 20 16:53:45 UTC 2017

Hi

Why does sptimecounter01 define CONFIGURE_TASK_STACK_ALLOCATOR
and CONFIGURE_TASK_STACK_DEALLOCATOR to NULL?

I ask because I have an out of tree paravirtualized BSP that has to provide
BSP specific stack management to account for the memory protection it
operates within. Not using those allocators will result in a protection
fault.

The purpose of defining these to NULL isn't documented in this test and
renders this test broken for what seems to be a reason orthogonal to the
test's apparent purpose.

Thanks.

--joel