Version Info for RTEMS libbsd

Christian Mauderer list at c-mauderer.de
Thu Nov 30 20:34:01 UTC 2017

Am 29.11.2017 um 21:24 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
> Hi
>
> Checking the version of FreeBSD that we were using with rtems-libbsd, I
> poked at the top level files which left me pretty sure these are not quite
> up to date.
>
> + CONTRIBUTING.md - has trunk, 2017-04-04
> + libbsd.txt - says FreeBSD 9.2
> + libbsd.txt - also uses 4.12 not 5 on target names and minimum version
> + libbsd.py - has a 4.12 reference
> + README.waf is full of 4.12 and says you need an RSB from at least
> April 2016
>
> I was trying to note the FreeBSD version we are at and it seems that
> it is not as easy to pin down as I hoped. git log didn't give me much of
> a hint either.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --joel

Hello Joel,

seems that there is quite some redundant and inconsistent information.
About a year back there had been quite some mess with the versions and
not all files had been from the same version. For example the USB-Stack
had another version as the Ethernet stack.

In preparation to the WiFi work we had some big updates and reached a
consistent version for all files (at least I hope it's all files). The
simplest way to find a reliable version is to take a look at the git log
of freebsd-org. That is currently the FreeBSD commit
642b174daddbd0efd9bb5f242c43f4ab4db6869f which is from 2017-04-04. So
CONTRIBUTING.md is correct.

Regards

Christian