RTEMS Tier Allocations.

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Nov 7 15:18:27 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 8/11/17 2:01 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >
> > I mentioned earlier that GCC has a tool in contrib/ to send test
> results. It has
> > been around a long time and should be a good place to look for use
> cases.
>
> Sure, but I would need to figure out a complicated shell script or
> something
> else to know how this relates.
>

> > I recall the key behaviors are to run and get results, send email, and
> resend
> > email.
> >

> I am not sure what you are asking for.

Nothing specifically. Just noting that the GCC community has been testing
and sending results to a mailing list for a LONG time. They have developed
a process and use cases. It is doubtful that we will find a use case they
haven't already encountered.

Their process allows for:

+ running tests (make check) and not sending results
+ running tests and sending results immediately
+ running tests and then later sending results
+ without running tests, resending results (helpful to send to
   two mailing lists or if first send fails).

The results sending script doesn't have many options:

https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/contrib/test_summary

All I am suggesting is that those four use cases are sufficient for the
GCC Community so if the RTEMS tester can do that, then we should
be covered as well. Just using them to give us use cases.