Pre-processor magic or test library?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Oct 30 14:21:07 UTC 2017

On Oct 30, 2017 8:43 AM, "Chris Johns" <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

On 28/10/2017 22:42, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> we have currently some pre-processor magic to map the standard output
functions to the RTEMS test printer. This works only if you include
<tmacros.h> in every test file in the right spot. An alternative would be
to use a separate library for all tests, e.g. librtemstest.a which provides
puts(), printf(), fprintf(), etc. How do you think about this?

I like it.

I like the idea but not using the same names for the.methods. this will
mean that if the linker magic isn't right, you end up getting the wrong
implementation

Also, some of the tests are portable with the RTEMS configuration separate
from the test and the test entry being main(). If we hack on the tests
enough, we lose this ability.

How do we test stdio and related pieces of code? Is that a specially built
test?

It will have to be.