Self-contained POSIX synchronization objects for RTEMS 4.12?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Oct 4 23:32:52 UTC 2017

On 05/10/2017 02:52, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> We should create the RTEMS 4.12 branch soon, to start the real testing.

Joel and I will review the remaining tickets and assess the remaining work we
need to do next week.

I would like the creation of the 4.12 branch to activate the tier structure for
archs and BSPs and this be a formal part of the 4.12 release branch. We should
make sure we all understand the impact this will have on developer work flows.
If we need more documentation then we should make sure this is done. An
important part of the tier structure is testing on real hardware. I have the
Beaglebone Black working and I am working on the Zedboard (Microzed) and I would
like to add the RPi and PC.

We will need published test results to earn a tier 1 ranking and ideally tier 2
simulators are built by the RSB. We have a build at rtems.org list, maybe we post
results there. I could add something to rtems-test to send a summary report. The
Beaglebone Black's report is 46K which is ok.