RTEMS Tier Allocations.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Oct 29 23:00:50 UTC 2017

On 28/10/2017 00:21, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> thanks for your hints. This ser2net and the IO via telnet is really nice. I am
> now able to run the tests on a board with U-Boot.

Excellent. I am looking forward to see results if you can post them. :)

With a Raspberry Pi powered via a powered USB hub with a bunch of USB ports you
have a low cost, low power terminal server. I plan to start testing OpenOCD JTAG
for ARM and BDM for the m68k on Raspbian and provide documentation detailing how
to create these test set ups.

> U-Boot has a "tftpdstport" option. Maybe this can be used to avoid running the
> rtems-test as root.

I saw this option but I could not get `kconfig` to work on FreeBSD to use it. I
did not try very hard. U-Boot has a few GNU sed specific usages. The server port
option is not available automatically on all boards.

Using a non-standard TFTP port is the preferred option for a test set up. The
`rtems-test` command is able to use any port for the server, I have not tested
doing this yet but it should work [1]. Using a different port for each board you
are testing lets testing on hardware happen in parallel.

It would be nice to start to collect SD (or whatever) images for supported
boards on ftp.rtems.org.

> There is a problem on some tests with mixed output via BSP_output_char and the
> normal console driver.

Understood. Please make the changes you need and then I can retest on Zynq, BBB
etc and we can converge to a common solution.

Hardware testing is pushing us to make the test output better managed and
repeatable across BSPs and simulators and this is a big win for everyone. It is
defining the requirement for console IO for any future test framework.

Chris

[1] https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/tree/tester/rtems/testing/tftp.cfg#n51